Photo
- - - - -

Spiders

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Spiders (42 member(s) have cast votes)

????

1. They scare me (9 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. I eat them (5 votes [11.90%])

Percentage of vote: 11.90%

3. I'd slit my wrists if they had wings (11 votes [26.19%])

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

4. they are friendly creatures (17 votes [40.48%])

Percentage of vote: 40.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Pendulous Cock

Pendulous Cock

Megalodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:36 AM

Had a dream last night that I was covered in spiders, and their bites made me blister.

I blame this thread.

then i succeeded

#62 reznier

reznier

Workhorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:you.

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:26 AM

spiders are the same as snakes, as kids we are taught that we should be afraid of them by others so it sticks in our brains.... they are exotic pets, the same way a dog is taught not to bite any other pet can be too, i own a 7 foot boa, a tiny baby boa (which will be 14 feet soon enough), a normal ball python, and a bird eating tarantula... i have never been bitten, and they are about ten times friendlier than most dogs you have jumping up on you pawing the shit out of you accidently, or cats trying to pet you and turning your arm into a scratch post... go out, hold a few reptiles or spiders, tell me what you think after...

PS::/

The Flying Spider
One remarkable species must be mentioned here—the so-called flying spider (Attus volans), a beautiful metallic blue or green in color with abdomen marked with concentric rings of blue, white and red, It does not actually fly—no spider can do this—but the abdomen bears extensive flaps which, when extended, en-able it to plane through the air thus greatly increasing the range of its leap.

Posted Image

while it may not fly, it can still jump really far and land on yo shit...

#63 reznier

reznier

Workhorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:42 AM

my sexy pets, yes i realize we have a pet topic, but it is too full of random bullshit and has strayed off topic...

Posted Image
Natasha :)
Posted Image
Isabelle :D ~ bout to poop, also taken today (new camera = fun)
Posted Image
GIR :D ~bout to shed, taken today actually...
Posted Image
Goliath (unoriginal i know) :D (taken yesterday, he was out of his cave during the day amazingly)

#64 Dillinger

Dillinger

Major Vance Astro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

Nice pics but this confirms that you really feel you are a special flower ,

"my sexy pets, yes i realize we have a pet topic, but it is too full of random bullshit and has strayed off topic..."

#65 richasaurus

richasaurus

Czar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

Would be wary of a person who said they were into reptiles and spiders. I dont really have anything against snakes, think they're pretty cool. But when you're into it like reznier you've obviously got problems.

Also I'd like to hear more about how a reptile is more loving to its owner than a much more intelligent pack animal is. Fucking idiot.

#66 Finch

Finch

Czar

• Members
  • 2,465 posts
  • Interests:Gumball Machines

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

spiders are the same as snakes, as kids we are taught that we should be afraid of them by others so it sticks in our brains.... they are exotic pets, the same way a dog is taught not to bite any other pet can be too, i own a 7 foot boa, a tiny baby boa (which will be 14 feet soon enough), a normal ball python, and a bird eating tarantula... i have never been bitten, and they are about ten times friendlier than most dogs you have jumping up on you pawing the shit out of you accidently, or cats trying to pet you and turning your arm into a scratch post... go out, hold a few reptiles or spiders, tell me what you think after...

PS::/

The Flying Spider
One remarkable species must be mentioned here—the so-called flying spider (Attus volans), a beautiful metallic blue or green in color with abdomen marked with concentric rings of blue, white and red, It does not actually fly—no spider can do this—but the abdomen bears extensive flaps which, when extended, en-able it to plane through the air thus greatly increasing the range of its leap.

while it may not fly, it can still jump really far and land on yo shit...

Actually... No.
Humans have a genetic predilection to be afraid of all sorts of critters... It's a psychological defense mechanism.
Spiders.
Snakes.
Large Cats.
Large Birds.
Ect. Ect. The list goes on.

In some people that instinct is turned off in certain instances. In others, it's VERY active.
For instance... You have a group of early nomadic people... Let's say... 20 individuals. And they have no inherent fear of snakes or spiders. Now ask yourself, how many of them do think will eventually succumb to a fatal spider or snake bite? If those people just naturally feared venomous animals, their odds of obtaining a fatal bite would decrease substantially. And it's not like these people can learn from their mistakes either... No modern medicine... Underdeveloped language skills... One bite and you're JWF. Fear is a driving mechanism in our survival.... Although, it is a bit of a double-edged sword.

Where do you think the European dragon myths come from?

#67 Finch

Finch

Czar

• Members
  • 2,465 posts
  • Interests:Gumball Machines

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

my sexy pets, yes i realize we have a pet topic, but it is too full of random bullshit and has strayed off topic...

Posted Image
Natasha :)
Posted Image
Isabelle :D ~ bout to poop, also taken today (new camera = fun)
Posted Image
GIR :D ~bout to shed, taken today actually...
Posted Image
Goliath (unoriginal i know) :D (taken yesterday, he was out of his cave during the day amazingly)

Also, Reznier... You're a lying SCUMBAG!!!
I found that exact spider pic on this website... I knew you didn't take it. You probably don't even have one.
LINK
You tried to impress us with a pathetic lie like that? Did you forget for a moment that we ALL have the internet?
Get real dude and please... DIE IN A FIRE

Now I'm wondering if you even own snakes.

#68 radu123

radu123

manflesh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

good evening and welcome to another exciting installment of 'who's the bigger sad bastard'

tonight's contestants are magnum3.14, self-confessed internet nerd and escaped schizophrenic, and reznier, belligerent hick whose hobbies include tattoos and bestiality

i'm your host ebeneezer pipilotta, let's get the show on the road folks

#69 Dillinger

Dillinger

Major Vance Astro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

1 of my cousin's kids has a snake, he likes to hunt deer with a crossbow.
If I had to kill my own food, I'ld soon turn veggie.

#70 Rattrameggeagoth

Rattrameggeagoth

Czar

• Members
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:27 AM

I found that exact spider pic on this website... I knew you didn't take it. You probably don't even have one.
LINK
You tried to impress us with a pathetic lie like that? Did you forget for a moment that we ALL have the internet?

LOL

How fucking pathetic is that.

#71 reznier

reznier

Workhorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

LINK

lol knew you would try and hunt that down... now ask yourself, you could go to the pet topic and find out which pets are really mine, or you could sort through 22 pages of google images and try and prove me wrong while having no life... now you please..

die in a fire...

#72 serge-fabrizio

serge-fabrizio

Cysquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • Original registration date:09-February 07

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:18 PM

Most people who are afraid of spiders (myself included) aren't afraid of being bitten by them, more just the fact that they are fuckin creepy as shit. It's what's known as an irrational fear.

Yet another case in the long list of posts you really shouldn't have wasted your time typing.

#73 pelliottnthunder

pelliottnthunder

Mastodong

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

It's what's known as an irrational fear.

I love it when people that have irrational fear X don't understand why someone would have irrational fear Y.

Cuz, man, lobsters are scary as shit, but why are you scared of a fucking clown? Clowns are nice!

#74 serge-fabrizio

serge-fabrizio

Cysquatch

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

I don't remember saying anything about anyone else's irrational fear.

#75 pelliottnthunder

pelliottnthunder

Mastodong

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

I don't remember saying anything about anyone else's irrational fear.

I wasn't calling you out on anything, I was just commenting, a friend of mine said something similar to what I described.

Sorry for any confusion. I agree with exactly what you said.

#76 serge-fabrizio

serge-fabrizio

Cysquatch

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:29 PM

I wasn't calling you out on anything, I was just commenting, a friend of mine said something similar to what I described.

Sorry for any confusion. I agree with exactly what you said.

Ah fair enough. I wouldn't call it an irrational fear as such, but i fucking hate whales, specifically narwhals.

#77 pelliottnthunder

pelliottnthunder

Mastodong

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

Narwhals are smug assholes, they had it good for far too long. Insert Leviathan quote here.

#78 reznier

reznier

Workhorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:34 PM

kk i have more pics for magnum under the photo forum.... let the hunt begin!~~~

and ps, irrational fear of objects is very intersting... people are afraid of clowns because they are very tall, have large feet, have a constant expression, and make odd noises... all of these are out of the ordinary, something we are not used to in our daily lives... so we percieve it as "scary"... so next time you cry on your birthday... you'll know why

edit: a reason for posting a spider on a spider thread... a goliath bird eating spider is one of the largest tarantulas in the world... that will one day get big enough to take down a full grown pidgeon... perfect opportunity in a forum created about fear of spiders... l2thinkmagnum :)

#79 serge-fabrizio

serge-fabrizio

Cysquatch

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:53 PM

and ps, irrational fear of objects is very intersting... people are afraid of clowns because they are very tall, have large feet, have a constant expression, and make odd noises... all of these are out of the ordinary, something we are not used to in our daily lives... so we percieve it as "scary"... so next time you cry on your birthday... you'll know why

Holy shit, you solved psychology! Someone phone Mr. Nobel Prize and tell him this guy has figured out why everyone with an irrational fear of clowns is so scared of them, seriously, they all have the same reason to be afraid!

#80 reznier

reznier

Workhorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

because humans are fucking gay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users