40 replies to this topic

#1 horseworker

horseworker

Deep Sea Creature

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Finding the crystal skull

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

As much as i liked 'The Hunter', i'd like the next album to be more proggy, maybe with a crazy concept, but that's just my taste and my opinion. What do you think? What are your hopes regarding the next album?

#2 PhantomLord

PhantomLord

Deep Sea Creature

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

I just want something that they enjoy playing live. They are all great musicians so I highly doubt they can make a bad record, and as much as I love crack the skye I know its a tough album to play live as it as many long songs and that demand much focus.

The only thing I would like to challenge them to try is to give Bill a couple of tracks to sing/growl whatever the hell he wants to do, but I would to hear more of him.

In Mastodon we trust to make yet another amazing album, but meanwhile I'm going to keep enjoying The Hunter.

#3 saichiro15

saichiro15

Deep Sea Creature

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

To me, it seems like with each new record, Mastodon covers new musical grounds. However, from the interviews I've read, they are definitely a band that does not regress, in terms of musical directions. As much as I love the prog stuff, I can't see them doing another "Crack the Skye" like record, or anything similar to their past albums. Like they've said before, maybe they'll do a more acoustic album next....who knows?? Expect the unexpected.

#4 loudguitar

loudguitar

Deep Sea Creature

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

I love the Hunter and I'm just looking forward to another great record. I think Brent does some amazing stuff with guitar progressions so I'd love to hear more interesting guitar composition. The Thickening has some sick stuff going on and I love all of the guitar parts in Blasteroid and Stargasm.

I just want another record ASAP.

#5 creepycrawl

creepycrawl

Elephant Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

what a bunch of silly cunts you people are

#6 Geof

Geof

Sleeping Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

what a bunch of silly cunts you people are

I feel sorry for how miserable your life must be. You really are a sad, pathetic, little man.

#7 PowerSlave

PowerSlave

Mastodong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Original registration date:08 September 2008

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

I feel sorry for how miserable your life must be. You really are a sad, pathetic, little man.

It's got to be pretty sad to troll a site like this. When the spam outnumbers the actually posters left.

#8 serge-fabrizio

serge-fabrizio

Cysquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • Original registration date:09-February 07

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

It's got to be pretty sad to troll a site like this. When the spam outnumbers the actually posters left.

Considering how big the band has become, it's disappointing how many of the old boys have left, to the point where I'm one of the longest running dudes who still posts here.

No offense to OP, but this used to be a pretty bad ass board, now all we have is "zomg what is next album gonna be liek, let's wildly speculate!"

#9 Comely Waif

Comely Waif

Moby Dick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:TF2, hygiene obsession, guitar

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

The members of this board sold out faster than the band they so love

#10 Pendulous Cock

Pendulous Cock

Megalodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Next album needs more spectrelight's and less COTB's.

#11 Dillinger

Dillinger

Major Vance Astro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

I like the idea that they dont regress and they strive for orginality but I hope my darkest fears are not realised in the shape of them becoming a total pop band like The Foo Fighters.

As far as older board members not being here, if it is because of the musical directional changes, that also has to be respected as many got on for the heavy sound of the 1st 2 albums and even the 3rd.

1 of my favourite bands DEP may have dabbled in pop the last coupla albums but 95% of their albums are as heavy as always like napalm soaked ball bearings pon yer headpiece. In fact at that last Mastodon show I beleive they scared the crap out of a lot of these 'Curl of the burl' fans.

Creepycrawl - cheer up :lol:

#12 Poop

Poop

Deep Sea Creature

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'ts pretty much impossible to say what kind of direction they will take next, but whatever it is I look forward to it and giving them my money.

#13 horseworker

horseworker

Deep Sea Creature

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Considering how big the band has become, it's disappointing how many of the old boys have left, to the point where I'm one of the longest running dudes who still posts here.

No offense to OP, but this used to be a pretty bad ass board, now all we have is "zomg what is next album gonna be liek, let's wildly speculate!"

I think it's a fair question, since i'm always looking forward to the next album of this great band. If you think it's stupid, why did you comment in the first place?

#14 creepycrawl

creepycrawl

Elephant Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

do you really feel sorry for me? do you really believe i have a sad miserable life? what do you think i do for a living? do you picture me as a fat, balding, sweaty 47 year old? or am i some 'hey you behind the bushes' rapist looking type?

do you think im little? how little do you see me as?

id like you to build up a definative profile of who and how i am.

what kind of a room do you think im in right now? do you picture me in the dark? raging and laughing histerically at the monitor as i troll endlessly?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

#15 GregF

GregF

Deep Sea Creature

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

nah, you're just a moron...next please?

#16 serge-fabrizio

serge-fabrizio

Cysquatch

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

I think it's a fair question, since i'm always looking forward to the next album of this great band. If you think it's stupid, why did you comment in the first place?

Good heavens, what a moronic question.

#17 horseworker

horseworker

Deep Sea Creature

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Good heavens, what a moronic question.

Whatever man. If you don't have anything to say, shut up then

#18 CurseoftheSheepHead

CurseoftheSheepHead

Mastodong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Interests:Self-Transforming Machine Elves

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

do you really feel sorry for me? do you really believe i have a sad miserable life? what do you think i do for a living? do you picture me as a fat, balding, sweaty 47 year old? or am i some 'hey you behind the bushes' rapist looking type?

do you think im little? how little do you see me as?

id like you to build up a definative profile of who and how i am.

what kind of a room do you think im in right now? do you picture me in the dark? raging and laughing histerically at the monitor as i troll endlessly?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I like to picture you as a frothy mixture of a young Glenn Danzig, a middle aged Dave Coulier of Full House fame, a small dash of what the very late and very biblical Saul of Tarsus might have looked like and that black guy from Police Academy who makes all those crazy noises with his mouth. All at age 47. To each his own.

#19 serge-fabrizio

serge-fabrizio

Cysquatch

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Whatever man. If you don't have anything to say, shut up then

But I do have something to say, I already said it, not to mention the fact that I specifically said that it wasn't a direct dig at you, you were the one who insisted on getting all uppity in this here par-ticular shit.

#20 horseworker

horseworker

Deep Sea Creature

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

But I do have something to say, I already said it, not to mention the fact that I specifically said that it wasn't a direct dig at you, you were the one who insisted on getting all uppity in this here par-ticular shit.

Well, i'm new here, so i didn't have the time to check if there are any posts like this yet. Maybe i created this one because the hunter is not my favourite album and i'm looking forward to the next one, but that's just me. If you have any opinion regarding the topic (next album), go ahead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users